Thursday, November 11, 2010

Making plarn

Today I will be making 'plarn'. No, I didn't make this one up. :) Plarn is the product you get when you cut plastic grocery bags into strips to be used as yarn. Plarn is made in the same way as Sharn only you don't have to stretch it before you connect the loops together.  Here is a plarn tutorial.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

I have friends and family members saving their plastic shopping bags for me to turn into plarn. I made an awesome plarn shopping bag.  The whole 'shopping at Aldi's' thing from a previous post if you remember.  It turned out great, and so roomy.  People are asking me to make them one.  It takes 50 or  more bags to make one plarn bag.  I doubt I will be making very many plarn bags unless I get donations. I surely don't shop enough to get enough plastic bags in my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment