Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Jami's Camo hat

Today was a play date with my sis-in-law.  We went to this sweet little place called Rumor's Deli.  I had a Mouth of the South Combo, Jami had a Scoop Combo, and Cheryl had a 1/2 Mouth of the South Combo, Wyatt, my little one, ate a hot dog. The food was just too good!  They also have a coffee bar. I could so live there!! I love me some cappuccino and latte!!
    I just couldn't spend the day in town without stopping by one of my most favoritest stores. Hobby Lobby, even the name sounds fun. I could stay there all day.  There were a few things that I needed and a ton of things that I wanted.  Of course, it was necessary to gaze longingly at a great number of things, which I did, quite happily, too.  Wyatt needed some supplies for his arts and craft projects for school.  I picked out the material for my curtains and bed spread. This is the first time I left the store without purchasing any yarn. ~sigh~ I must be sick.  I didn't even buy a hook, although I looked real hard at a size N hook.  In the end, I put it back and left empty handed.
   Since we had a busy day planned, I decided to do a quick project that could be finished in an hour or so.  I had a skein of Red Heart Camo yarn laying around, so I snatched that puppy up, and got to work.  I modified the pattern from my baby hat I posted a few days ago to fit Jami.  In less than an hour she had a new Camo beanie.  She opted to wear it for our day out.  Looking cute in it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment